Monday is Valentine’s Day. A day to spend time with your one true love. A day for making loving memories that will serve to bring you a lifetime of joy. Everyone wants to be present in someone’s life in hopes of creating & preserving such loving sentiments. Unfortunately, not everyone will have someone to turn their affections to on this special day meant to be spent with the one you love. If you’re one of those people who, for whatever reason, doesn’t have that special someone on such a special day, take “heart” and find fun & memorable ways to love your being present and in the moment. For instance:
1. Spend time with the kids baking treats and making valentines for their school Valentine’s Day.
2. You can’t be the only one in your circle of friends who is not in a relationship-find a like partner and plan to take in a movie, or have a girl’s night in @ home with a bit of bubbly, music and tearjerker movies.
3. If you’re daring & brave enough, why not give an old flame a call? If the breakup was mutual and friendly, go ahead and give it a shot. If he doesn’t have plans, maybe a telephone conversation could lead to a second chance, or at best a great date night.
4. Crash an acquaintance Valentine’s Day Party! Okay, call to feel them out first, if being alone isn’t where you’d like to be. But, truly, is being alone such a bad thing? Consider:
a. Renting scary, or, funny movies…Romantic Movies are not advised as they will tend to remind you of what you feel you’re missing and perhaps bring your spirits down.
b. Play some soft rock & immerge your cares away in a soothing aromatherapy bath and have a glass of wine on hand because when you’re dressed in comfy pj’s or something sexier, it’s your time to “heart” yourself. Live the moment. Feel the love and embrace this Valentine’s Day by making the ‘day’ all good. Being alone on Valentine’s Day, doesn’t have to be a lonely experience…
Whatever you decide to do this Valentine’s Day, remember- be kind to yourself…
- How was your Valentine’s Day (hypertextinfinity.wordpress.com)
- Look Smashing on Valentine’s day (vanguardngr.com)